Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Antidote

My husband is away on business, which means that our household is surprisingly sane. I seem to do better as a mom when I know that I'm the first, and last line of defense, and that I only have two people to take care of instead of THREE. During the times when my husband is away I am better organized, and daughter seems to thrive off of all the order. When husband is home, sometimes I feel like I'm running around like a crazy person, trying to make sure that he is taken care of as well, while ignoring my needs and sometimes my daughter's needs because I am so frazzled. When the hell did it become my responsibility to take care of THREE fucking people?! Oh yeah, the minute I threw my career under the bus and decided to be in the house full time... although I don't remember taking care of my husband to be a part of that deal.

But please don't get me wrong... I miss the man when he is away. Desperately. I hate being lonely and sometimes feeling without day-to-day purpose. All of a sudden it doesn't seem like a bad idea to have chicken nuggets for dinner 3 nights in a row. I mean, daughter certainly won't complain. She'd eat them all day if she could.

Husband will be home late tomorrow night, and I will be glad to have my backup return, even if it means that I have to get back to work, so to speak.

In other news, I finally had my post-D&C OBGYN appointment last week and was relieved to hear that everything is fine. We aren't supposed to start officially TTC until after my April period, although I'll admit that we've been throwing caution to the wind recently and it is making me nervous, but also excited for the prospects and possibilities.

One other piece of information that I was happy to find out, and want to shout from the rooftops to anyone that will listen is that my hormone induced bouts of depression aren't just in my head. The dr. told me that it is pretty common for women to fall into a funk during the week post-ovulation and that there are actually things that I can do about it! She recommended that I increase my calcium to 1000-1200mg/day (2 Citrical), reduce my carb intake and try to take a brisk walk for 15 mins. I am extremely pleased to report that this remedy worked WONDERS for me last month. I hope that it will work every month b/c I feel like I have been suffering these cycle effects every month for over 10 years. I wish I had known sooner that there was something realistic that I could do to help!!!!

1 comment:

"Constance-1-M" said...

I always got manic post ovulation ~ that 2WW made me too nervous to sit still. But that was probably a side effect of the fertility meds!

Have fun with the peace & quiet!!